Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sunday Funday!

  Today is Sunday and it is also my youngest son's birthday. His name is Ryan and he is 20 today. Vicki and I went to wake him up for Church and he grumbled when we sang Happy Birthday to him. I held Ringo to his head and let him lick his ear.
  He told Vicki that he didn't want to go to Church and wanted to sleep in but she wasn't having it. He usually works of Sunday mornings and doesn't go very often. After much prodding she managed to get him up and into the shower. Yeah, he's 20 today and an adult but if he's going to live here he's going to answer to us.
  Our older son, Thorin, still lives at home also. He's 23 and comes and goes as he pleases. For some reason we have a tighter grip on the doings of Ryan. I guess it's because Ryan's the baby.
  They are both good boys that have always worked and have never given us any real trouble. I wonder to myself when they are going to want to move out. Kid's are staying home longer these days than where I was coming up. I left home when I was 17 but I moved in with my Grandmother. I lived with her for 2 years and then moved in with my cousin Bobby. Bobby had just gotten a divorce and needed roommates to help him pay his house payment. Besides me, another guy named Jeff moved in too.
  Yeah, I'm not sure why kids aren't motivated to leave home like I was. I guess it's because they have so much in their rooms these days they don't need their own space. My boys have Internet, Television, smart phones, and video games in their rooms. They eat the food we buy and use the power and water we pay for. I guess I have answered my own question about why they don't leave home.
  At any rate, today is Ryan's birthday and we are taking him out for lunch after Church. He wants to go to Outback Steakhouse. His girlfriend is going to. I expect it will cost me over $100. By the way, I am a tightwad. I'll get deep into that in another blog. Vicki said that she was going to eat a cheap hamburger and when I told her I was too, she threatened to kick me under the table if I did. She knows I love steak and rarely get to have it.
  After Church we stopped at the grocery store to get bread and a couple of other things. I got mad trying to find tomato sauce. It wasn't in the soup isle or the sauce isle. I even looked in the chili isle. Vicki finally found it in the canned vegetables isle.
  When Ryan's girlfriend, Mattea got off from work we rode down to the Outback Steakhouse. It's a 40 minute ride from our house. I ate a big 9 ounce steak of my own and a big hunk of Vicki's. I love steak and like I've said in another blog, I don't eat a lot of meat. When I do get the chance to eat a steak I make ever bite count! I was stuffed when we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment